01 January - 31 December
Mon 8.15 - 18.00
Tue 8.15 - 18.00
Wed 8.15 - 18.00
Thu 8.15 - 18.00
Fri 8.15 - 18.00
Sat 8.15 - 18.00
Sun 8.15 - 18.00
+32 56 86 03 70
Saturday 6 pm
Sunday 11 am - 6 pm
The church in blue stone and brick, which was built in the 15th and 16th centuries and has undergone several additions, notably the belfry and the side aisles, is a fine imposing building. It was completely renovated in in 1982.
Inside are four mausoleums or funeral monuments of the lords and counts of Mouscron. The classified organs have been restored and repositioned judiciously from the visual and acoustic point from the altar screen towards the choir.
KIKIRPA : Photo-library online
The fury of the French revolutionaries at the end of the 18th century did not succeed in removing it from a wall of our church.
This white stone reminds us of this hero of the resistance during the Second World War.
Oste de la Barre, Lord of Mouscron (1380-1446) and his second wife Cécile de Mourkercke (1400-1462).
This historic organ dates from 1766 and was restored in agreement with the Commission des Monuments et Sites.
A particular devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows is perennial in Mouscron. Every year, on the third Sunday in September, there is the Tour of the 7 Crosses, a procession that travels through the city around the 7 crosses that commemorate Mary's 7 sorrows.
They represent the scenes of pain of the Blessed Virgin and the Resurrection.