Municipalities, associations, parishes that wish to participate in the "Open Churches" project undertake to respect the following recommendations: Open the church to visitors with opening hours determined in consultation with the authorities of the building and the EOGEF team.
- Provide a welcoming area to have access to the network's communication tools (guest books, brochure cards, etc.) and information about the building and the life of the parish.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere, with music, fresh flowers, welcome text, etc. If necessary and possible, provide reception staff.
- Carry out or update the inventory of the church (contact the competent services of your department / diocese: DRAC and Diocesan Commissions for Sacred Art).
- Secure your church with simple means and common sense without forgetting to work with the help of the competent services
- Open your church at national and/or international events: at least on Sundays during the Open Church Days (first weekend in June) and at European Heritage Days (3rd weekend in September)
- Inform the association of events organized in the church to feed the website.
- Undertake to pay the annual membership fee to the network.
- Use the "Open Churches" logo for promotional purposes or to guide visitors to the church*
* The logo is a registered trademark and may only be used in this form. The right to use the logo may be withdrawn if it is found that the commitments made are not respected.