Rue de Brombais 2
Collegiate Church | VII/XVIII | Neoclassical | Roman Catholic Church
01 January - 31 December
Mon 10.00 - 18.00
Tue 10.00 - 18.00
Wed 10.00 - 18.00
Thu 10.00 - 18.00
Fri 10.00 - 18.00
Sat 10.00 - 18.00
Sun 10.00 - 18.00
+32 496 54 96 92
Wednesday : 6 pm
Sunday : 6 pm
The superb 17th century baroque high altar, made of black marble with white marble torsos, has a broken pediment surmounted by a statue of Saint Michael the Archangel knocking down the devil, a painted wooden sculpture presented in 1763 by a Canon of Leuven. It is decorated with a painting of the Virgin and Child, showing the Redeemer's promise and the fate of the devil. Its tabernacle is surmounted by a carved wooden exhibition throne, intended for the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. The altar is framed by polychrome terracotta statues of the Virgin and Child and St. Peter.
The left side altar, in neo-classical style, with a portico-shaped altarpiece, dates from 1840 or 1843. It is dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary, whose statue, richly dressed and decorated, occupies the central niche. It dates from the 19th century and participates in processions. Next to it, we can see a frame with a reproduction of Our Lady of Grace, a miraculous Virgin venerated in the church of Berzée.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The right side altar, matching the previous one, is dedicated to the protector of Incourt. We can see his polychrome plaster statue, made in 1919 by the Maison Billaux-Grossé in Brussels, as well as his new shrine made in 2009. On the right is the miraculous statue of the saint, an 18th century work dressed in Spanish fashion, placed on a chariot during the Pentecostal procession. On the left, we see the red velvet banner with an embroidered effigy of Saint Ragenufle, dating from the late 19th century, as well as its 13th centenary flag, made in 1950. Saint Ragenufle cures fever and dropsy.
At the back of the right aisle is the statue of Saint Rita of Cascia, surrounded by flowers and candles, an object of veneration by the faithful, especially for desperate causes. The representation of the so-called saint of the impossible was brought directly from Cascia, the place where the saint died in Italy, for the collegiate church of Incourt.
At the back of the left nave, a small altar is dedicated to Saint Peter, chief of the apostles and first pope, patron saint of the village of Incourt since 650 AD. We can see his polychrome stone statue; he is recognizable by his keys and his rooster. Next to it, a painting by Vandervorst, dating from 1862, also presents the patron saint of our collegiate church.
At the bottom of the two side naves, you can admire magnificent carved Baroque panels, remains of the two confessionals from the former Cistercian abbey of La Ramée, in Jauchelette. A former priest of Incourt had the unfortunate idea of dismantling this quality furniture. We see angel heads, fruit decorations and angel-cariatides, one of which carries Veronica's linen with the image of the Holy Face of Christ