Located in the heart of the village, the church dedicated to Saint Léger and built in limestone
has undergone many changes over time. Initially occupying the space of the present choir and surrounded by a cemetery, it was enlarged in successive stages
in the first half of the 18th century.
Its current façade and tower date from 1848. The baroque altar
that adorns the choir of the church is surrounded by stalls
from the former abbey of Saint Gerard. There is also the funerary monument of Pierre de Polchet,
Lord of Montaigle.
In the sacristy and at the top of his tomb is the funerary monument of Feuillien Marie Joseph de Coppin de Falaën
(1880-1887), first secretary of the provisional government set up following the Belgian revolution. The building has a 17th century baptismal font in limestone and two early 18th century confessionals.
KIKIRPA : Photo-library online