The seaside resort of Le Touquet developed on the coast from 1882 onwards. A strong English community contributes massively to this. The entire population is served by the Saint-André chapel, which was converted into a covered market in 1924 after several expansions. A new church of sufficient size to accommodate the entire station community was solemnly inaugurated in August 1911. The bells were placed there the following year. English ladies invested massively in its construction, on the condition that it be baptized in the name of Saint Joan of Arc, which was done. Canonized in 1920, Jeanne is in great demand in Great Britain in memory of her unjust execution. It is the first church in France to bear this name. On the stained glass windows of the nave and the arms of the transept, we find episodes from the life of the saint, in the choir, those from the life of Jesus and the mysteries of the Rosary. The work of the architect Lucien Viraut, the church freely revisits the neo-Romanesque style. The very beautiful organ dates from 2008, replacing the previous one, too damaged to be repaired.
Built and blessed in 1961 by Bishop Perrin in place of the previous place of worship damaged by the war, Sainte-Thérèse-de-l'Enfant-Jésus church is a church with a resolutely contemporary plan and style. With its very simple architecture, it is similar to the seaside villas, except for the cross and its large glass tympanum which magnificently illuminates the inside with a blue light. Built by the architect Cauwet on the plan of the Polish architect Kulesza, it stands on a square plan, unlike the so-called traditional churches. At the dawn of the Second Vatican Council, which opened in Rome on 11 October 1962, this plan bears witness to the liturgical research that animates the diocese. In particular, it recalls the first Syrian churches
Etaples, whose first traces of occupation date back to prehistoric times, is a city that has been destroyed and rebuilt many times over by wars and fires. The Saint-Michel church is no exception. It was built between 1955 and 1960 and replaced the 13th century church destroyed by the bombing of June 15, 1944. It is nevertheless erected at another location, imposed by the city's urban plan. Due to the narrow location of the building, its plan is rectangular and no longer a Latin cross. This concrete building, built by the Parisian architect Tambuté, is decorated with an immense stained glass window, designed by the master glassmaker Raphaël Lardeur, dedicated to the theme of creation. The main skylight, he diffused it, delicate, throughout the church.
This small neighbourhood church, built between 1977 and 1978 for the inhabitants of the "La Dune au Vent" housing estate, a new district of the city, was designed by the engineer Louis Fruitet and the architect Yves de Calan. Like the Stella church, this cellular concrete building is externally defined as a church only by the presence of a cross. The plane is hexagonal and the apses are distributed in a star pattern around the altar. This one, wrapped in the light emanating from the upper stained glass windows, is the dining table between the members of the community. It is therefore the table of sacrifice, of the Eucharist, the memory of Christ's death for men. He is also Christ himself, because the altar is the place where the link between God and men is made.