01 January - 31 December
Mon 9.00 - 17.00
Tue 9.00 - 17.00
Wed 9.00 - 17.00
Thu 9.00 - 17.00
Fri 9.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 17.00
Sun 9.00 - 17.00
No visit during worship services.
This church with basilical plan was constructed in the Romanesque style in the 12th century, on the foundations of an 11th century chapel. The current Gothic tower was added in 1406.
In 1903-1904, the church was extensively restored and expanded in the Neo-Romanesque style.
The church has kept its sober Romanesque atmosphere, and has numerous treasures : a triumphal arch, several frescoes, a lectern, the cloister, ... The confessionals and other furnishing elements are in the Liege style. The choir stalls with 27 chairs decorated with masks are a piece of Baroque carpentry by a local craftsman (17th century).
Nearby, "castle hill", the remnant of the demolished castle of the Counts of Loon, is 118 metres high.