Norbertuschurch was built between 1901 and 1904 in the Zurenborg district.
Around 1850 Zurenborg
consisted mainly of meadows, orchards and a few farms. After the demolition of the Antwerp‘s ramparts and the expansion of the railway lines, the city was considerably enlarged and the district was transformed into an urban area. It was the initiative of nobles, John Cogels and Edouard Osy, who created a real estate company for this purpose in 1881
Already in 1883 a temporary chapel based on a design by Albert Arnou was put into use at Dageraadplaats.
In 1901, the present neo-Gothic church was built. Architect Ernest Dieltiens
drew his plans, taking into account the wishes of the church factory, and designed a classical church building in neo-Gothic style. He himself described his final design as " simple, but suitable".
In the brochure “Sint-Norbertuskerk 1904-2014” a walk through the church is proposed in which important elements from the interior such as the stained glass windows, the mosaics, the paintings, the high altar and the side altars, ornaments, statues and much more are described.KIKIRPA : Photo-library online