9400 Nederhasselt (Ninove)
01 January - 31 December
Mon 9.00 - 17.00
Tue 9.00 - 17.00
Wed 9.00 - 17.00
Thu 9.00 - 17.00
Fri 9.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 17.00
Sun 9.00 - 17.00
Sunday 9 am
According to the book of F. De Potter and J. Broeckaert, the church of Nederhasselt was donated by the bishop of Kamerijk to the Saint-Adriansabbey of Geraardsbergen in 1118.
In the middle of the 15th century, the church was enlarged with one nave and a new tower.
In the 90’s it was thoroughly renovated; murals of mid 19th century by P. De Clerck of Ninove are located in the choir and the side altar.
The church also holds some magnificent stained glass windows, of which the eldest was manufactured by Ladon in 1899.
KIKIRPA : Photo-library online
Main altar: baroque style
Above the altar is a painting which depicts “The adoration of the shepherds. Painted by P. De Clerck of Ninove.
On the walls the figures of the fathers of the church: H.H. Chrysostomus, Basilius, Gregorisus, Augustinus and the four evangelists.
Painted in 1867.
Exposition throne: depiction of the Mystic Lamb
Manufacturer: unknown (sculptor)
Date: 1741 - 1760
Sculptor and polychromer unknown
Hight: 35 inches
Technique: sculpted, polychromed
Dimensions: hight: 35 inches
Date and signature painted on the right side of the book: 1852 - P. DE CLERCK.
Date and signature painted under the middle: 1867 - P. DE CLERCK
At the corners of the body: images of the four evangelists
Reliefs around the body: "The Good Shepherd", "The Last Supper" Sculptor unknown
Date: 1801 - 1900
Painting (14 stations)
Date: 1801 - 1900
Material: oil paint, canvas
Dimensions: hight: 30 inches - width: 26 inches
9404 Aspelare (Ninove)
9406 Outer - Herlinckhove (Ninove)
9400 Appelterre - Eichem (Ninove)
9401 Pollare (Ninove)