6972 Erneuville (Tenneville)
01 April - 02 November
Mon 9.00 - 17.00
Tue 9.00 - 17.00
Wed 9.00 - 17.00
Thu 9.00 - 17.00
Fri 9.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 17.00
Sun 9.00 - 17.00
every three weeks : Saturday 6 pm
The church of Erneuville, located at an altitude of 412m99 as shown on the inscription on its threshold, is made of schist stone. Its origins probably date back to the Middle Ages, as evidenced by the fish stop device (opus spicatum) on some walls.
The building was enlarged successively in 1852 and 1878, and the last improvements were made in 1968. The benches of communion were then removed, and the altar placed in front of the faithful. The chronogram engraved in the blue stone vault of the front door refers to "1920". Difficult to decipher in its centre, due to the wear and tear of time, it commemorates the date of the consecration of a new altar by Bishop Thomas Heylen.
The history of the parish, placed under the patronage of St. Peter and St. Denis, was marked by Abbots Victor Habran and Max Boeur. The first remained a priest there for 54 years, the second for 32 years.
He holds a book in his right hand and keys in his left hand. It is an exact copy of the original oak (18th century). The oak altar dates from the early 16th century.
The granite tabernacle dates from 1629. This rectangular alcove serves as the Eucharistic reserve and was lit at night.
It is made of carved oak from the 1st half of the 18th century. It is decorated with 4 panels representing the 4 evangelists.
It was made of stone with a tub (10th - 11th century) and the lid (20th century) in brass. They are crowned by an angel, made to a design by Louis-Marie Londot (20th century).
Tombstone of Henri Palizov, former pastor of Erneuville (1690). With a height of 1, 50 meters, there are a funerary inscription and a chalice, covered by the host.
6984 Hives (La Roche-en-Ardenne)
6983 Ortho (La Roche-en-Ardenne)
6983 Buisson (La Roche-en-Ardenne)
10:00 - 18:00 Ouvert
6980 Beausaint (La Roche-en-Ardenne)
From bell tower to bell tower in the heart of the Ardennes (car 2 route) - Several churches are built on the very site of very old oratories, of which they have preserved traces. Some were destroyed and then rebuilt, especially after the Religious Wars. Others, more recent, testify to the styles in vogue at the time of our (great-)grandparents....
Tours "From bell tower to bell tower in the heart of the Ardennes" (bike tour 2) - The first parishes of the Ardennes were far apart. It took miles to get to Mass... Since the end of the 19th century, each village has wanted to build its own church. What an investment for the local community, but what a pride too!