7911 Frasnes-lez-Buissenal (Frasnes-lez-Anvaing)
01 January - 31 December
Mon 9.00 - 16.00
Tue 9.00 - 16.00
Wed 9.00 - 16.00
Thu 9.00 - 16.00
Fri 9.00 - 16.00
Sat 9.00 - 16.00
Sun 9.00 - 16.00
Saturday 6 pm
An imposing Gothic church. Its solid facade is noteworthy. On the right side of the entrance is a beautiful door topped by a “Tudor” arch.
Inside to the right of the nave, a vaulted arch, is a triptych screen said to be of Saint Jacques, presented to the corporation of drapers by the nobles of Frasnes. One can also see old baptismal fonts and numerous statues of saints, notably Sebastian, Christopher, James, Elisabeth, Mary Magdalene and Catherine.
As early as 1240, a chapel dedicated to Our Lady had been established in our parish church. After the fire of December 22, 1580, the church was largely rebuilt according to the old plan but with significant modifications, extensions and embellishments. By 1591, the work was finished and the church looked as it is today.
On the left appears a round brick turret covered with a tiled roof. It dates from the Spanish period and gives access to the bells.
It is the former altarpiece of the altar of the Drapery Corporation.
Central painting: it is a historical scene relating to the reconquest of Spain by Christian kings during the famous battle of Clavijo in 844.
Left panel: an exorcism scene.
Right wing: martyrdom of Saint James in Jerusalem.
Outdoor shutters: one of the most famous miracles performed by Santiago.
Replica of a 15th century painting representing the image of the Virgin and Child known as Our Lady of Graces or of Cambrai.
The organs overlooking the porch offer us a remarkable buffet in the same style as the altars. Moreover, if we stand under the porch, we see the main altar and the 4 side altars.
Two monuments are placed within the walls of the choir. On the gospel side, the epitaph of Jehan de Marchenelles, baker of Charles-Quint, and his wife Agnes du Quinghien. The text is in Gothic characters engraved in the stone. On the side of the epistle, above the stalls, was erected in 1572, a funeral monument in memory of Antoine de Marchenelle and his wife Françoise de Loyaucourt.