01 July - 31 August
Fri 10.00 - 19.00
Sat 10.00 - 19.00
Sun 10.00 - 19.00
The reconstruction by Léon Chesnay was completed in 1933. With its porch bell tower, open on the sides and detached from the facade, it derives from neo-Romanesque models, such as a barn without pillars.
A fresco by Duilio Donzelli illuminates the choir. It shows the apostles, grouped by three and recognizable by their attributes, and angels who complete the composition on the triumphal arch. The whole is inspired by Italian painting, ranging from the Ravennate tradition to Raphael, including Giotto. Above, the vault, entirely covered with a brown mosaic, is pierced by a bright scene depicting a majestic Christ sitting on a throne and holding an open book.
The stained glass windows were made by master glassmaker Georges Janin in 1935. The church houses an organ mounted in the gallery under the bell tower, a white limestone high altar made by Dante Donzelli, baptismal font and holy water font.