Place du Général de Gaulle
01 April - 30 November
Mon 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Tue 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Wed 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Thu 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Fri 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
Sun 9.00 - 12.00 • 14.00 - 17.00
+33 3 21 03 56 71
The village church of Boubers sur Canche is part of the charm of this little country village, regularly winning the title of “Flowered Village” and offering agreeable walks in a preserved natural country-side.
It is one of the rare churches which has a belfry over the porch, whose steeple is of stone and hooks of stone. This curious architectural particularity is characteristic of the southern Low Countries, of which Artois was part during the period that saw the construction of the church at the beginning of the 17th Century. It is also the only part of the church which survived the revolutionary destructions, that necessitated the reconstruction of the nave at the beginning of the 19th Century.
The interior of the church incites silence, prayer or meditation. There is a beautiful carved pulpit, a preserved element of the old furnishings.
The panels of the sanctuary, made of decorative fiber-ciment were installed in 1926. In the carvings can be found a great number of historical Christian symboles such as the snail (symbol of the Resurrection- a snail shell was placed in early Christian coffins) or the lizard (the only animal to enter the kings bedchamber,) symbol of the Word of God.