8954 De Klijte (Heuvelland)
01 January - 31 December
Mon 8.30 - 16.30
Tue 8.30 - 16.30
Wed 8.30 - 16.30
Thu 8.30 - 16.30
Fri 8.30 - 16.30
Sat 8.30 - 16.30
Sun 8.30 - 16.30
The Neo-Gothic church of Our Lady was built in 1923 and has three naves and a 25metre high tower.
It contains works of art that come from the 15th century Chapel of Our Lady, which was completely burnt down in 1918.
Inside is a 17th century statue of the Virgin and Child, an 18th century painting on leather of Saint Blaise and several memorial plaques for French soldiers who died in combat around De Klijte.
The coat of arms in the façade belongs to the Bulteel family.
The chapel of Our Lady with two lime trees has become over the years the parish church honouring Saint Blaise.
Note also the painted ceiling.