Rue des Beaux Prés 1
1370 Mélin (Jodoigne)
01 January - 31 December
Sat 9.00 - 18.00
Sun 9.00 - 18.00
Sunday 9.30 am
The main altar, in the Louis XV style, is surmounted by a painting on wood, by Léon Herbot, dated 1874, representing Saint Dominic receiving the rosary from the hands of the Virgin.
It comes from the Bogards' church in Hoegaerde. The Tienen artist A. J. Gillis is the author.
Panelling, communion benches, altars, confessionals, organ loft.
An elegant Louis XVI panelling covers the entire choir, executed in 1788 by the Tirlemontese artist A. J. Gillis.
The Louis XIV style baptismal font is made of Gobertange stone.
On the left, in the choir, is the engraved tombstone: "HERE RESTED LADY BARBARA OF VILLANOVA WOMAN WHO WAS MESSER THIRI BOUTON CHEVALIER AND LORD OF MELIN WHICH PASSED ON 29 DECEMBER 1622. PRAY GOD FOR HIS SOUL ".
The organ, built in 1616, was classified as a historical monument by Royal Decree of 29.9.1990. It is of exceptional value, and one of the oldest in Walloon Brabant. It is one of the rare witnesses of the Renaissance in our country. It was offered to the parish priest of Mélin Norbert Joseph Janmart in 1839, by the parish priest of Notre-Dame de Saint-Nicolas-Waes, for great services rendered during the construction of their church.
The layout of the games reveals a conception of church musicians at the time of the Council of Trent.
In the enclosed cemetery, a neo-classical aedicula housing a wooden calvary from the 17th or 18th century.