Open Churches Nord de France
- Who are we?
- Join the network
- Support us
Make the decision to open
- Make the decision to keep the church open
- Designate a host person
- Organize the reception: indicate that the church is open and welcoming
- Ensure that the premises are clean
- Create a reception area, also think about children. Plan a children's corner with a small table, a chair and do not forget the drawing book (and maybe a small library)
- Inform the visitor: welcome text - information about the parish and heritage
- Be interesting in all your communication: short texts, anecdotes are more interesting than the enumeration of dates and successive priests
- Be professional: all materials must be of equal quality (leaflets, visiting documents, welcome table, guest books)
- Make it memorable: your church is unique and the visitor must feel it
- Do not forget some flowers and a musical background.
- Plan events, bring the building to life because a building where there is movement is a safe building.
- Carry out or update the inventory with the relevant departments*.
- Secure the church with simple means and/or with the help of the competent services*
* Get in touch with the competent departments of your departments: DRAC and CDAS