rue de Binsfeld 16
Church | XVII-XX | Baroque | Roman Catholic Church
Nicolas Adames (1813-1887), first bishop of Luxembourg, came from a larger village in the Ösling. Besides farms there were three mills, several craftsmen and many simple day labourers. At that time, a train was not yet possible and the Ösling belonged to the diocese of Liège. Beyond the borders of the country Ulflingen was known for its pilgrimage tradition to the three virgins. The parish priest Michel Meyer introduces the baroque church with its magnificent interior, where the bishop received baptism, communion and ordination. It is the church of the former Franciscan monastery from the 17th century, which was dissolved only shortly before his birth. Johny Stephany, former teacher and local historian, takes a look at village life at the beginning of the 19th century, a time in which the parish priest played a major role in education.
booking: 44 743 340 or email@example.com
guided tour by the priest Michel Meyer