01 July - 31 August
Tue 10.00 - 17.00
Sat 13.00 - 17.00
Sun 12.00 - 17.00
from the second day of Christmas to the second Sunday in January (except 1st January) : 14.30 - 19.30
Saturday 9 January: 14.30 - 17.00, followed by a Eucharist celebration
Dienst Toerisme : +32 14 33 07 85 +32 478 54 89 44
The church tower dates from the end of the 15th century and is 41.78metres high. The construction is typically Gothic in Campine brick.
The nave was rebuilt in 1898 in Neo-Gothic style. Above the doorway is a “Baptism of Christ in the Jordan». Near the door is a strange confessional for the deaf which was in the sacristy at the time to provide privacy for the people. The panelled and carved confessionals are the work of Andreas de Swert. Below the altar with the “Descent from the Cross” is a statue of saint Francis of Assisi in ivory and Congolese wood .
The parish provides a brochure explaining the details of the stained glass windows and of the sculptures. In summer the church holds a music festival.