01 January - 31 December
Mon 9.00 - 16.30
Tue 9.00 - 16.30
Wed 9.00 - 16.30
Thu 9.00 - 16.30
Fri 9.00 - 16.30
Sat 9.00 - 16.30
Sun 9.00 - 16.30
Every Sunday at 12.00: Polish mass
In the district called Schurhoven, which probably dates from the same period as the centre of Saint Trond, the church of Saint James, located not far from the Beguine convent, has been classified since 1983.
Saint Trond was located on the pilgrimage route that went from Cologne through Brussels to Saint James of Compostella. And it is for this reason that a church was consecrated to the Apostle James just outside the walls of the city. Here one discovers his statue as well as the symbols associated with him: the pilgrim’s staff, the hat with a wide brim and the shell.
This church was already being spoken of in 1215. But the current church in the classical style with its curious turret dates from the second half of the 18th century.