Rue de la Roche 4
01 April - 31 October
Mon 9.00 - 19.00
Tue 9.00 - 19.00
Wed 9.00 - 19.00
Thu 9.00 - 19.00
Fri 9.00 - 19.00
Sat 9.00 - 19.00
Sun 9.00 - 19.00
01 November - 31 March
Mon 9.00 - 17.00
Tue 9.00 - 17.00
Wed 9.00 - 17.00
Thu 9.00 - 17.00
Fri 9.00 - 17.00
Sat 9.00 - 17.00
Sun 9.00 - 17.00
The high altar is a real museum piece from the old church of 1630. The carved wooden altarpiece was made in Orval; it rests on a long marble stone similar to the one covering the "communion benches".
The altarpiece is crowned by the statue of Christ the Redeemer on Easter morning. Christ teaching the crowds shows his "gentle and humble" heart on the face of the cylinder of the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, above the tabernacle coming from a side altar of the old church; the door was rebuilt around 1905 in oak.
During the fire of the abbey of Orval, it passed to the Priory of Conques which, in its turn, was plundered; it ended up in Herbeumont in the old church.
The crucifix is dated 1776. The wood of the cross is the work of a local craftsman, as well as the funeral crosses placed here and there in the church.
Looking at the altar, the one on the left with the image of St. Mary Magdalene and St. Peter, in the center, Sacred Heart with the motto of Herbeumont, on his right, St. John, and St. Julienne. At the bottom, the coat of arms of the Counts of Herbeumont. They were placed on July 5, 1914 by Mr. Leblanc de Tilff.
On September 27, 1925, the stained glass windows were installed in the large rosettes. On the left, in the transept: the rose window with the bust of St. Thérèse of Lisieux is a work from 1925, the year of her canonization. On the right: the rosette with the bust of St John the Evangelist, in homage to Canon Pierlot. The bust of St John is surrounded by eight medallions. It was drawn by Mr. Paul Burt d'Herbeumont.
The baptistery with the wire-guarded accesses is a reminder of the baptistery of the Roman basilicas, and even more, a witness to the sacrament which is the first of the Christian initiation. The baptismal fountain was placed as soon as it was built in 1902.
From the old church, early 19th century, rebuilt around 1903, in oak.
Inside, the carved stone pillars: those of the church's vessel rest on an imposing block of stone, of a single workmanship - the pillars supporting the large belts of the transept rest on a 'reinforced' base (two blocks joined together).