Rue des Récollets
01 January - 31 December
Mon 10.30 - 19.00
Tue 10.30 - 19.00
Wed 10.30 - 19.00
Thu 10.30 - 19.00
Fri 10.30 - 19.00
Sat 10.30 - 19.00
Sun 10.30 - 19.00
From the Mosane school, 2m6 high, this wooden Christ, stripped, overlooks the old cloister. It is dated from the middle or end of the 18th century. Now hung on one of the walls of the church, this statue was first exposed in the cemetery.
As is the case with several famous statues in Belgium, the Virgin with the Child Jesus occupying the centre of the left side altar regularly changes its outfit.
An 88cm trumpet angel from the pulpit of truth attributed to Martin Jacques (1703-1773) overlooks the organs restored by the organ builder Lemercinier de Jambes in 1927.
Richly decorated with allegorical figures and evangelist saints, the wooden pulpit for preaching is in Baroque style. It consists of a vat, a staircase and a choir seat. It was recovered from the former parish church, which was demolished in 1810.
They also come from the former church of St. Nicholas and are dated 1588. The stone pedestal and the copper lid date from the 19th century.