Rue de l'Eglise
01 January - 31 December
Mon 8.00 - 19.00
Tue 8.00 - 19.00
Wed 8.00 - 19.00
Thu 8.00 - 19.00
Fri 8.00 - 19.00
Sat 8.00 - 19.00
Sun 8.00 - 19.00
The chalice-shaped baptismal font probably dates from the 12th century and is of definite archaeological value.
The high altar dates from 1763. It is made of red marble from Montigny, from the Genly quarry. The altar is in Renaissance style. It was made by the school of Arts and Crafts of Maredsous. The current tabernacle is made of copper and marble. The old tabernacle had disappeared during the Revolution. inserted in the altar, an iconography of Golgotha (1942).
At the top of the altar is an 18th century polychrome wooden statue of St Martin of Tours. The capitals of the columns of the altar are in the Corinthian style.
To the left of the altar is a splendid wooden Christ from the former Wilmet Castle, now the Town Hall (old wing).
To the left of the altar, the window depicts the appearance of Christ to St Martin. The stained glass windows in the transept and the choir date from the 19th century.
Also to be seen in the transept, on the right-hand side, is the stained glass window depicting Elisabeth of Hungary.
6040 Jumet-Gohyssart (Charleroi)