01 May - 15 October
Sat 10.00 - 18.00
During the week, on request : M. Hieronimus
+33 6 83 82 84 62 - email@example.com
During the First World War, the German authorities seized the bells of the 13th and 17th centuries. The parish replaced them with new ones in 1922, but they were again taken to Germany during the Second World War. They are only brought back by the army at the end of the conflict. In 2008, the "Thérèse" bell, which has since been cracked, was replaced.
The organ above the church gallery was built by Henri Vondrasek in 1938. It is an organ with mechanical transmission against the current of what was done at the time (electric or pneumatic organ). Damaged by a shell that fell into the church, the organ was repaired identically in 1958. The buffet is very sober and similar to those of the organs of Graufthal (Bas-Rhin) and Moussey (Moselle), of the same maker (instrument maker).
Would come from Salival Abbey.
Inscribed as a historic monument on 19 July 2006.
The cave of Lourdes, outside the church, was built by Father Pink and the villagers in memory of the war and its victims. It was built with stones that the young people of Marthille took from the fields of the Battle of Morhange where nearly 5,000 men died. The cave was inaugurated on August 20, 1929, 15 years after the battle, and has since been used as a war memorial. On the altar of the cave, you can see a plaque celebrating the names of the soldiers who died in battle.
These caves of Lourdes are typical of the villages of the eastern Moselle and the valley of the Nied. They offered a place of prayer to the Virgin for villagers unable to go to Lourdes.