Located at the top of the "Knipchen" (the hill), at an altitude of 450 m., this building with 3 naves was the former church of the Capuchin convent, erected in 1625, on the site of the castle of the Marquises of Arlon.
Ruined by the French in 1558, burnt by lightning in 1719, the sanctuary was rebuilt, decorated and furnished again.
In 1897 the Arlon architect L. J. Van de Wyngaert added 2 side naves and replaced the bell tower with a belvedere tower. The north side tower was built around 1904, at the same time as a neo-gothic porch was added to the west façade.