There has been a house of prayer on this site in Hoboken since 1135. In the fourteenth century, a stone building was erected and extended century after century. The building is now a pseudo-basilica. It contains a number of pieces of furniture and paintings from the sixteenth-seventeenth century. Some of these objects come from the former monastery of the Birgittine Fathers. The choir is decorated with five large 18th-century stained-glass windows. In the church is the statue of the Black God and a Romanesque crucifix washed up in 1180.
Until the 20th century, destination of pilgrimages.
Open Churches Days 2021