It seems that the first church in Nalinnes was built in the 8th century by monks. At that time, it was more a chapel than a church proper.
The rubble base of the western wall is the oldest part, probably the remains of a Romanesque nave from the 11th century. The nave, the south side aisle and the south crosspiece are architectural elements in the Hainaut Gothic style dating back to 1587.
It contains a dressed Virgin and Child, a 16th-century Gothic blue stone baptismal font with a brass lid (18th century), stalls, wainscotting, confessionals, a Louis XV high altar (18th century) and numerous interior and exterior tombstones (16th-19th century).
The church organ was built by organ builders Maurice and Georges Delmotte in 1960. Damaged by bombing during the Second World War, the church underwent extensive restoration in 1954.