The hamlet of Epinoy has a vast gothic chapel, built during the 15th and 16th centuries, as can be seen by the date 1472, still visible.
Church for the hamlet before its attachment to the village of Clairfayts in 1825, the chapel of the Nativity of Our Lady is built on a rocky spur in the centre of the old cemetery and overlooks the Riame Valley. From it can be seen Solre-le-Chateau, and admired the extent of the Regional Natural Park of the Avesnois. It is a real haven of peace which the visitor is offered with the discovery of the chapel of Epinoy and the village, in which can be seen many more crosses and chapels.
This chapel, built of stone and brick and with a bell-tower covered with slates, has one vaulted nave and a three-sided apse. Gothic art is expressed here with elegant simplicity. The elegant archivolt on the exterior, over the “door of the dead”, and the paving of black marble and blue stone, typical of the region, can be seen inside.
The chapel of Epinoy is a listed Historical Monument since 1948.